So with this being my final update, and my 'final' product has already been posted, I think this should be the one post that has the final explanation so if you still have not read the story, here are the spoilers and over all, well everything of this story. Starting after this line.
______________________________________________________________________________
SPOILERS
So here is my summary of the story in 30 words (or less).
A person in an infinite loop, finds a new dimension that will set him free, so that's the main goal of the story.
Ok, now here is the long story, after this dotted line.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the main character Foybulier has just lost his job, and is relatively fresh out of college, and after a while he finds himself just walking around until he runs into himself, from another time line that is in this universe for some reason. When he meets, himself Foybulier then splits into three other versions of himself making four in total.
(I made this story one of my first Fantasy based Sci-fi stories).
The reason they exist, and interact with each other in the first place is because I made the universe run on an auto correct system, where 99% is close enough so this quantity of matter must be the same. This worked very well until now, since you see Foybulier is so similar across most other time lines that his existence has been mistaken for himself from another reality. The universe then realizes this, a mere 28 day later so it (the universe) basically makes a big reset on everything.
Its kind of like going to an older save file on a program or a game.
But the only thing that is not reset after the universal reset, is Foybulier 4 (or F4). But the only reason that is, is because the universe basically fused all other 'currently' existing Foybulier's into one, giving some memories that would other wise be lost, into one being. That all worked rather well, except for one thing, the nanosecond the universe chose also had a pre-existing version of Foybulier. Thus being the cycle again.
I designed this to happen 17 times (the reason I choice that number is because it's relatively high, but not too high of a number), meaning that F4 has done this for over a year or so now. So its up to them all to end this madness before the time is up, because as you may have expected Foybulier 4 after all this craziness is rather irritated, by all this. Practically rendering him unstable, so the plan from that is to create as much variation in the universe that the universe itself can`t merely reset everything anymore.
The reason I did that is, an extension to that game files analogy, lets say you have corrupted files, and you have already reset the game so many times, so what do you do? You (if you are a programmer) fix the problem so this doesn`t happen again.
I also did the classic do nothing and everything ideas since that seemed like a bunch of variation. Oh I did make death permanent though since I feel otherwise the story would have no tension, for they could just do it all again.
Oh, also there are 4 different endings. To represent the four different Foybulier's, since I knew no one ending would be good, so I gave the readers some variety.
That's basically an explanation and elongated summary of my story.
No comments:
Post a Comment
So nice comment, That I can 'see' totally.